As I start to prepare for my departure to teach in France, it occurred to me that I should have a blog so that all who wish to keep up with my adventures can follow along. I chose the title “Le Monde Inspire” (The World Inspires) because I am easily inspired, and I believe that anyone can find inspiration in just about anything if it is viewed with the right perspective. I am looking to inspire my students in France, and my future students when I return from France! Here are the details I know so far about my time in France:
- I will be in the region of Dijon, France.
- I am in a lycée (high school) or college (middle school) in the area.
- My contract begins October 1, 2012, and ends April 30, 2013.
- I will have 2 weeks off every 2 months or so.
- I will probably be homeless for a few weeks in France.
Other than that, I don’t know much, but I am excited for this adventure, and all my future holds!
French Word of the Day: Pamplemousse. It means grapefruit, and is just fun to say 🙂